Technical plastics - or composites – are formed by compressing fibre impregnated with resin at high pressure. This for example produces polyester glass fibre, epoxy glass or duroplast. The craft is multi-faceted, technical developments follow each other at a faster rate and new applications are always being found.
Technical plastics have an enormous number of applications. Poelmann supplies materials and parts e.g.:
- Rail and infra-technique: railway industry, subway, bridge building and driving material.
- Engineering: machine construction, steel industry, chemical and petrochemical industry, energy companies and nuclear industry.
- Aviation and space flight: aircraft construction and satellite technique.
- Shipping and offshore: shipbuilding and generators.
- Automotive: car interiors and exteriors.
- Food industry: packaging and filling machines, transport.